Guaranteed transfer from an Australian fee place to a CSP
Please note that with the discontinuation of Australian fee places at undergraduate level this policy will no longer apply to commencing students. From 2010 the policy will only apply to students who were enrolled in an Australian fee place in their course in 2009.
The University provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to transfer from an Australian fee to a Commonwealth supported place. Academic standards are set for Australian fee students, which if reached, will guarantee transfer to a Commonwealth supported place in the same course.
Undergraduate students who achieve a cumulative 75 per cent (H2A) average across the equivalent of not less than 100 points (in most courses full time students complete 100 points per year) in the course in which they are enrolled are entitled to transfer to a Commonwealth supported place in that course.
Students currently enrolled in a double degree
In relation to double degrees, students may be eligible for a transfer to a Commonwealth supported place in either one or both of the course components. To be guaranteed a transfer to a Commonwealth supported place in one component course, students must achieve a cumulative 75 per cent average across the equivalent of not less than 75 points of that component of the double degree.
Issues to note
- The average used for guaranteed transfer is a cumulative one. For students enrolled in a single degree, 100 points of the course must have been completed to be eligible for guaranteed transfer. If more than 100 points of the course have been completed then the average will be calculated using the total points completed and all the results that have been achieved in the course.
- The minimum 100 points of the course (or minimum 75 points if in a double degree) necessary to be considered for a guaranteed transfer must have been completed as an Australian fee enrolment.
- Subjects for which a student has been granted advanced standing (credit) will not be included in the minimum 100 points (or 75 points for students in double degrees).
- Students with withheld results will not be eligible for a guaranteed transfer until the withheld results have been converted.
- Students do not need to specifically apply for a guaranteed transfer, a process will be run to identify eligible students each semester and if you are found to be eligible you will be notified. If you believe you may be eligible for a guaranteed transfer and you have not been notified within two weeks of the final results release date you should contact your Student Centre.
- For the purposes of calculating the weighted GPA, subjects completed while enrolled in an international fee place will be included in the calculation of the weighted GPA (as long as they were completed as part of the same course)
- When calculating the weighted GPA the following subjects will not be used:
- Subjects done at another tertiary institution, even where these are credited towards your current course or completed while enrolled in your current course. This includes:
- subjects done as part of an approved Study Abroad / Exchange program, whilst enrolled in your current course.
- subjects done as part of an approved complementary studies program, whilst enrolled in your current course.
- any other subjects done at another tertiary institution, whether done previous to enrolment in your current course or whilst enrolled in your current course.
- Subjects done at the University of Melbourne whilst enrolled outside your current course, even where these are credited towards their current course code. This includes:
- subjects done in a non-award course such as CAP or the Extension Program.
- subjects done in an award course other than your current course.