Entry requirements: Graduate domestic
Minimum entry requirements
Graduate programs normally require the satisfactory completion of an undergraduate degree either from the University of Melbourne, a university in another country or another Australian institution.
Applicants must also meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible to be offered a place.
Specific course entry requirements
Early offers for graduate study
The University has recently introduced procedures to allow acceptance into some graduate courses earlier than normal.
English language requirements
Graduate domestic students must have fulfilled one of the following criteria to meet the English language requirements:
- Within the last two years have satisfactorily completed an undergraduate degree at an Australian institution; or
- Within the last two years have satisfactorily completed either a postgraduate degree of at least two years duration at an Australian institution; or
- By satisfying one of the other methods outlined on our English language requirements page.
- Guaranteed entry pathways to graduate degrees
- Graduate Access Melbourne (combined special entry and access scholarship scheme)
- The official University Selection Principles: Regulation 11.1.A2 – Admission and Selection to Courses