The University of Melbourne is recognised internationally as a leader in graduate research training. As one of our graduate researchers, you will work with leading experts in your field in first rate facilities.
The University of Melbourne:
- is the top-ranked university in Australia1 and ranks number 28 in the world2
- provides the most comprehensive program of professional development opportunities for graduate researchers of any university in Australia
- offers generous scholarship programs
- offers a comprehensive support network
- is located in the world's most liveable city.3
What degrees are available?
Before you apply please check to make sure you meet the University's minimum entry requirements.
How to apply
Please refer to the application section for detailed information about how to apply for a graduate research position at the University.
When to apply
Please consider the following scholarship key dates when preparing your graduate research degree application:
- Complete applications for admission and scholarship lodged by 31 October 2013 will receive an outcome by 15 February 2014
- Complete applications for admission and scholarship lodged by 31 May 2013 will receive an outcome by 31 July 2014
- Applications for PhDs to be supported by China Scholarship Council applications should be lodged by 17 January 2014.
Domestic applicants, for more information, please visit: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/research/local/apply.
International applicants, for more information, please visit: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/research/international/apply.
For more information on the China Scholarship Council, please visit: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships/research/international/available#CSC.
What happens next?
- You should receive an email to confirm receipt of your application within 5 business days.
- The Faculty/Graduate School will assess your application.
- Depending on the outcome of Faculty/Graduate School assessment of your application, it may be put forward for consideration by a scholarships committee.
- If successful you will receive an unconditional or conditional offer letter, which explains how you can accept your place.
Applications usually take 8 weeks to process.
Faculty and Graduate School Websites
|Architecture Building & Planning
Melbourne School of Design
Graduate School of Humanities & Social Sciences
|Business & Economics
Melbourne Business School
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Melbourne School of Engineering
Melbourne School of Information
|Land & Environment
Melbourne School of Land & Environment
Melbourne Law School
|Medicine Dentistry & Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine Dentistry & Health Sciences
Melbourne Graduate School of Science
Faculty of Veterinary Science
|The VCA and Music
Victorian College of the Arts
Conservatorium of Music
1 Academic Ranking of World Universities 2012 and Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012-2013
2 Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012-2013
3 Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Liveability Survey 2012