The University of Melbourne is recognised internationally as a leader in graduate research training. As one of our graduate researchers, you will work with leading experts in your field in first rate facilities.
The University of Melbourne:
- is the top-ranked university in Australia and ranks number 33 in the world
- provides a comprehensive program of professional development opportunities
- offers generous scholarship programs
- offers a comprehensive support network
- is located in the world's most liveable city.
What degrees are available?
The University encourages applications from Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders. Information on our indigenous research initiative, including scholarships and support available to indigenous researchers can be found here.
What financial support is available?
More than 500 living allowance scholarships are offered to domestic and international students annually.
Most Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents are exempt from paying tuition fees through the Research Training Scheme. International applicants who apply for a University of Melbourne living allowance scholarship will also be considered for a full tuition-waiver scholarships.
University of Melbourne has agreements with a number of international sponsors to provide research scholarships to their citizens.
- China Scholarship Council
- CONICYT (Chile)
- COLCIENCIAS (Colombia)
- COLFUTURO Loan-Scholarship Program (Colombia)
- FIDERH (Mexico)
- Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
- PRONABEC, Peru
- Vietnam International Education Development(VIED)
Faculty and Graduate School Websites
|Architecture Building & Planning
Melbourne School of Design
Graduate School of Humanities & Social Sciences
|Business & Economics
Faculty of Business & Economics
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Melbourne School of Engineering
Melbourne School of Information
Melbourne Law School
|Medicine Dentistry & Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine Dentistry & Health Sciences
Melbourne Graduate School of Science
|Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences
Faculty of Veterinary Science
|The VCA and Music
Victorian College of the Arts
Conservatorium of Music
How to apply
Click here for the steps to follow in submitting your application.
What happens next?
- You should receive an email to confirm receipt of your application within 5 business days.
- The Faculty/Graduate School will assess your application.
- Depending on the outcome of Faculty/Graduate School assessment of your application, it may be put forward for consideration by a scholarships committee.
- If successful you will receive an unconditional or conditional offer letter, which explains how you can accept your place.
Applications usually take 8 weeks to process.