South East Asia
Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Singapore and Thailand
Find out more
Richard is from Singapore and studied the Bachelor of Biomedicine before enrolling in the Doctor of Medicine. Richard is actively involved with the Singapore Students Society
Getting in touch with students from your country is a great way to make friends, curb homesickness and settle into life in Melbourne. Clubs from your region include:
Scholarships, grants and sponsorship
There are a number of options for South East Asian students seeking financial aid to attend study at the University.
- Scholarships available from the University
- Asian Development Bank scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- AAS Cambodia (Australia Awards Scholarships Cambodia)
- AAS Indonesia (Australia Awards Scholarships Indonesia)
- AAS Vietnam (Australia Awards Scholarships Vietnam)
- AAS Philippines (Australia Awards Scholarships Philippines)
- Endeavour Australia
- Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education
English language requirements
South East Asian students will need to satisfy the University's English language requirements.
See more information on English language requirements.
Study Abroad and Exchange
Considering study at Melbourne via our study abroad and student exchange programs?
Visit the Melbourne Global Mobility website for more information.
Students applying for the University of Melbourne are eligible to apply for Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP).
Contact a representative
The University of Melbourne has offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore and a dedicated Regional Manager for Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
The University of Melbourne has overseas representatives in all of the above countries. Contact an overseas representative for more information.