Selection and enrolment
Do you have a question or would you like to sign-up to the UMEP newsletter?Get in touch!
The University of Melbourne Extension Program is a program for high-achieving students in the final year of high school. It is designed to provide an academic challenge, extending your knowledge in a particular subject area by allowing you to complete university studies alongside your VCE or IB.
For VCE students your application will be assessed by looking at your results in all Units 1 and 2 subjects as well as any Units 3 and 4 subjects you have already completed.
Please contact us for the requirements for students completing the IB.
To be eligible for the Program you must:
- be eligible for the award of the VCE or IB in the year you intend to participate (including having at least one VCE Unit ¾ or IB equivalent enrolment during the year in which you undertake the Extension Program);
- be undertaking a normal full-time VCE or IB load over Year 11 and 12. By the conclusion of your secondary studies you must have completed a minimum of five VCE Unit ¾ subjects or equivalent IB subjects;
- have a recommendation from a teacher at your school and the approval of your Principal to participate in the Program;
- have permission from your parent(s)/guardian(s) to participate in the Program;
- have at least a B+ average across non-prerequisite/corequisite subjects (Units 1 and 2 plus any Units 3 and 4 subjects you have already completed); and
- meet the prerequisite or corequisite subject requirement for the specific subject; and
- satisfy any other requirements that apply to the specific subject.
Quotas are not in place for the Extension Program or any individual subject areas. As such, if you have met the entry requirements for the program and for your preferred subject area, you will be made an offer.
For 2019 entry into the Extension Program academic standards and entry requirements are to be confirmed and will be published on this website when available.