To be eligible for the Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program you must:
- Be a domestic or international student enrolled in Year 10 in 2018
- Be nominated and endorsed by your school
- Complete the VCE, SACE, HSC or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at a Victorian or an approved border New South Wales or South Australian secondary school in 2019/2020
- Have achieved high levels of academic performance: you should be in the top five per cent of your year level
- Have leadership potential: you must demonstrate evidence of leadership, active citizenship and community involvement. Examples include: leadership and strong participation in school activities; community work; cultural, environmental or sporting activities; or representing your school in national competitions or other events.
“KLD has totally transformed the way I look at further education”
Surfcoast Secondary College
KLD Class of 2017
What if I change schools?
If you change secondary school within Victoria or to an approved border New South Wales or South Australia school you can continue your participation in the program in your new school. You must immediately inform the Young Scholars Coordinator of your change of school via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I move interstate or overseas?
If you permanently leave your secondary school and move away overseas or interstate (apart from approved border schools) during Year 10, 11 or 12 you are no longer eligible to participate in the program or receive any program benefits such as the undergraduate selection guarantee, relocation allowance or Global Scholars Award.
What if my current school only teaches up to Year 10?
Your current school can still nominate you for a place; you will need to advise us in your application which school you will be attending for Year 11 and 12.
What if I go on exchange during secondary school?
If you undertake a short-term overseas exchange program and return to your Victorian or approved interstate secondary school during Year 11 or Year 12 you can continue your participation in the program.